Dear Patricia,

Firstly thanks for your reply, it was very very informative! Especially as I keep getting conflicting information.

I totally agree, setting up in one country or another is much simpler, although I don't know how to go about registering my "company" name or trademarks so they won't be copied. I think it should be done in Spain, although it would obviously be much easier for me in English, although I can cope in Spanish! I am also nowhere near making 50,000 a year, infact I have very very little income right now, and actually my income is less than I would have to pay if I registered autonimo, so I'd be loosing money...

Do you know if there is any help for people like me setting up? A friend of mine told me that he thought I didn't have to pay the same amount of social security until I earn 3000EUR. Is this true, or is there any other such help? Also, what, if anything can I offset against profits? Eg. cost of housing? Cost of internet (essential for my business)? Cost of travel to and from consulting work? Do I ask/need a gestura, abogado, assesor?

I also am clueless about how to go about (or where to look for the information) becoming autonimo... How to register? I know that I need to make quarterly tax returns. Again, do I need a gestura, abogado, assesor to do this? Do I also need to make an annual tax return?

Also, a silly question, but kinda important... How do I register my "company" name and logos etc so they don't get copied or re-used? In Spain, in the UK? Is it international?

I'm so very clueless its embarassing! I'm just glad that I am good at what it is I want to do for a living, i.e the Editing!

Thanks a lot for your thoughts, suggestions and ideas!

Confused Maria of Valencia!