Hello Gina,

I first recommend you to check with the Spanish consulate the possibility to obtain proof of your father and grandparent´s Spanish nationality and determine if they ever lost it. In case you are able to trace it and obtain the corresponding birth certificates, you would be able to apply for Spanish nationality by origin ( if you were able to prove your grandparents were Spanish by origin as being born in Spain). If you could find evidence that your father was a Spanish, born out of Spain, you could only apply for citizenship after holding one year of legal residency in Spain. If you were a PR citizen ( you do not mention your nationality ), you would be able to apply for Spanish c¡itzenship after 2 years of legal residency in Spain, as citizens of Iberoamerican countries have that option in Spain.

There are various way of applying for a residence permit in Spain, such us self employed, salaried worker, or as a relative of a legal resident in Spain.

If you wish to discuss your particular case, please feel free to email me. ( click on my profile ).

Regards,