Hello,
I wonder if someone can help me!
I have been a spanish resident since 2000 and i bought a property in 2002 more or less.
I sold the property october 2013 and me and my ex partner have made quite a big profit each. Because i stopped work in october 2009, i didnt do La Renta as i thought it wasnt necessary.
When i sold the property they then classed me as a non resident and i had to pay the 3% tax for non resident! i am in the middle of trying to claim it back.
I am very worried though as i have to do La renta in May, but as i havent worked because caring for my children, i am worried that they will take alot of this money because ive made so much profit! as the money is what i am living from.
I went to a tax advisor when i did the papers to claim back 3% non resident (and were still waiting for there reply), i told him my concerns about La renta and he said that becasue i dont work and have 2 small children maybe they will take this into account, and i might not have to pay much or nothing?
Im really worried they will take alot of this money, as most of it has been used already for living!
I would be greatful for any help and advice!
Thank you.